by west elm photography
Senior Portrait Tips
My job is to make your pictures fabulous. I just need your help! I've included in this blog some suggestions and tips to help make the process of looking great that much easier for you. Feel free to email me or text pictures of your outfits for advice.
1. Avoid a haircut the same week as your portrait session.
2. Make sure all your socks and undergarments match and work with each outfit.
3. Get a fresh manicure or remove chipped polish from fingers and toes.
4. Bring combs, hair accessories and makeup for any touchups.
5. Choose outfits that flatter your body type.
6. Drink plenty of water for clear and vibrant skin.
7. Avoid prolonged periods of being in the sun before your portrait session. I would not advise getting a spray tan as sometimes it does not work well with skin tones and may be very hard to edit. Red skin is not easy to work with, sunburned and peeling skin is even worse. By the way, wear your sunscreen! :)
8. Guys be careful shaving so as not to cut yourself.
9. Get a good nights sleep the night before your big day.
10. Please tweeze your eyebrows for the many up close shots I will take.
11. Play Sports? Dance? Have a music hobby? Here's your chance to shine with incorporating those into your portraits. Bring anything along with you that you think you'd want to see used in your photos.
Follow these tips and suggestions for best results. ~Robin
Extended through to the end of August!! The weather is getting cooler, well if you call 90 degrees cooler, ha, now is the time to get a mini session done for upcoming Christmas cards!!